1. Head, Chemistry Laboratory. IMPCOPS,CHENNAI (1978 - 1982)
A Pharmaceutical Industry, Manufacturing and Marketing wide range of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani systems of Medicines)
Responsibilities: In-charge of Chemistry Division
a. Developing Quality Standards and Quality control of all Indian Traditional Systems of Medicine.
b. New Formulation development in Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani Systems of medicine
c. Standardization of many traditional medicines. (Have set up a pattern which is used as a de facto standard- till date)
d. Process up gradation of higher metals preparation like Gold and Silver which has saved huge money and time and improved quality.
2. Scientist (Phyto Chemistry) Medicinal Chemistry Research Centre, Institute of Pharmacology, Madras Medical College, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Chennai.(1982- 2000)
SCIENTIFIC VALIDATION OF INDIAN TRADITIONAL SYSTEMS MEDICINE
a. Phyto chemical investigation of Medicinal Plants
b. Chemical & Pharmacological Standardisation herbal formulations
c. Devlopment of extracts and active ingredients based Herbal formulations
d. Teaching Phytochemical investigations on Medicinal Plants to Pharmacy students(B.Pharm,M.Pharm&M.D)
3.Consultant Scientist Rumi Herbals R&D Centre, Chennai (2000-2013)
150 Herbal Formulations Developed, Scientific Validation done on 40 products through collaborative Research with Universities and leading Research Institutions. Manufacturing in GMP factory & Marketing 75 products
4.Head,Rumi Herbals R&D Centre, since-2014
DSIR (Government of India)Approved R&D Centre Promoting wide range of Herbal dietary supplements & Medicines since 1996
Guiding M.Sc., M.Pharm, M.Phil, & Ph.D. Students in conducting Herbal Research since1990.
Popularisation Of Indian Systems Of Medicine
Conducted more than 1000 Traditional Health Care awareness programs throughout Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Goa on the following topics:
a. Conducting Herbal Exhibition
b. HECHO (Herbs to Eradicate Chemical Hazards and Herbal Solution)
c. Special traditional health programs (Diabetes, Asthma, Arthritis, Women Care, Heart Care)
d. Herbal Cultivation Seminar
e. Herbal Entrepreneur Development Programs
f. Establishing herbal shops
g. Conducting employment oriented University approved Certificate and Diploma Courses
h. Conducting Government supported EDP for Self-employment and Employment
1. Women SHG as Entrepreneurs
Conducted training program for Women Self Help Groups on soap manufacturing &marketing Facilitated to Establish herbal soap Factory for 2 Self Help Groups (32 WSHG) in Azhivaikkal Village,Orathanadu, Thanjavur District,Tamil Nadu.
2. Resource Person
Participated in more than 100 Conferences & Seminars on Herbal cultivation, Value addition & Marketing of Herbal products.
3. Visiting Faculty
To teach on use of medicinal Plants for B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., M.Pharm Students at University Departments& Pharmacy, Arts & Science Colleges.
5. Herbal Research
Working with a team of scientists & Collaboration with leading universities in formulating herbal based medicines, herbal dietary supplements, herbal cosmetics & scientific validation of herbal products.
6. Holistic Health Care Hospital
Running 5-Rohini Holistic Health centres with a team of qualified and trained doctors in Indian Systems of Medicine to promote Holistic Health Care system since 2000.in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
7. Government Of India Funded Herbal Research Projects
1. “Scientific evaluation of safety and efficacy profile of an Ayurvedic Herbal Formulation (R 05) in the Management of Diabetes mellitus”, to the tune of Rs. 115.20 lakhs funded by Dept. of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
2. “Development of a Quality Herbal Formulation (R06 A) and its Scientific validation for the management of Renal Calculi” – Loan assistance from Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India under Pharmaceuticals Research and Development Support Fund (PRDSF) Program for Rs. 79.08 lakhs.
8. Collaborative Herbal Research
34 Collaborative Research Projects completed with Reputed Research Institutions and Universities.
9. Research Publications In Indian Systems Of Medicine
48 Research papers on identification, standardization, quality control and formulation of Traditional Systems of Medicines both in National and International Journals(List Enclosed)
1. Research Supervisor
M.Phil, M.Pharm, Ph.D. Guide, Periyar Maniyammai University, Thanjavur. Dr.M.G.R. Educational & Research Institute University,Chennai.
2. Member Syllabus Committee
M.Sc. Chemistry, University of Madras, Chennai, M.Sc.,& B.Sc. Botany, Bishop Heber College, Trichy & St. Mary’s College Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu.
3.Members Board of Research Studies
University Of Madras,Chennai
Date of Birth:16.08.1953
Interested in devotional activities.
Music lover, Yoga practitioner.